Re: Avoid blocking the UI

På Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 01:02:40AM -0500, Diego Escalante skrev:
> I have been trying to clone ServerSpy FF extension in Python, I have
> been successful to some point.
> It works but with a minor bug: it freezes the ui.
>
> To make the history short, the location changed callback will send a
> HEAD request to the server being visited and that will lock the UI.

This is evil, to say the least. It will cause twice as much processing power
on the server's end and will corrupt some web applications which interact
with databases. It also doubles the round-trip time needed to fetch a page.
Why don't you try to find out how to sniff the needed data from the actual
GET request?

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i'm the girl :: i'm the girl :: you know me                  -- heather nova