Avoid blocking the UI

Hello guys.

I have been trying to clone ServerSpy FF extension in Python, I have
been successful to some point.
It works but with a minor bug: it freezes the ui.

To make the history short, the location changed callback will send a
HEAD request to the server being visited and that will lock the UI.

This email is short because my problem is small but nasty: how do I
make *anything* in an async way so the gtk+ callbacks aren't waiting
for me to end my *anything*.

I have been pointed to g_idle_add() but it only delays the lock. After
that I was pointed to threading... but I don't know maybe it's just me
but I think it was overkill when I had to do the HEAD request by
myself, but threading for an ephy extension?.

Any help or words of distant hope will be appreciated.

Thanks!

then you win"  -Ghandi

hack my cow
http://diego.aureal.com.pe | http://diegoe.blogspot.com