Re: i18n of an epiphany python extension

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 21:54:30 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

>Hi Magnus,
>
>On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Magnus Therning wrote:
>
>>      gtk.glade.bindtextdomain('epilicious', '/usr/share/locale')
>
>Hard coding the path to the locale directory is dangerous, the
>translations may end up in other directories. I don't know how reliable
>it is but when I do

>'/usr/share/locale'
>
>you see that the default path is returned by Python. That would probably
>offer more flexibility.

The hard coded path is created at install time based on ${prefix} so I'm
not too worried about it.

>You may try looking at the source of other Python based GNOME modules
>for inspiration. Pessulus or deskbar-applet comes to mind.

Thanks for the tip.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
     -- Quote from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs