Re: UI for configuring plugin

This morning, Magnus Therning wrote:

[...]

>>By the way, have you considered committing Epilicious to
>>epiphany-extensions cvs? We can leave it disabled by default for as
>>long as it hasn't reached 1.0, but it might give your extension a bit
>>wider audience!
>
> Not a bad idea. How do I go about it?

I've also been writing a Del.icio.us extension, and I think it works in
a more sane way than Epilicious.  It doesn't require a manual
synchronization.  Every time you add or change a bookmark, it gets sent
to your Del.icio.us account.

Most of the work is in Epiphany itself, in adding a bookmark-changed and
bookmark-added signal.  I have patches for this (which need more
thought, probably).  This way, though, you could also make your
extension Just Work, rather than require any user interaction.

I managed to completely hose my GNOME installation a couple days ago,
otherwise I would have sent the code by now.  The code (for Epiphany, at
least), is ready, though.  The code for my own version of the extension
(written in C) also works, if anyone wants to see it.

Does adding these signals make sense? If you (Magnus, or the list)
would like to see the patch, let me know. This would allow for my
extension, Magnus' extension, and any other social bookmarking
services (Shadows, Magnolia, etc.) to function without any extra
work on the part of the user.

-eric