Re: UI for configuring plugin

Hi Magnus,

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Magnus Therning wrote:

So, you're arguing for a separate menu item for configuring Epilicious, and placing it in the Bookmarks menu. That will probably be what I do, since it's a good idea, at least as good as it gets at the moment.

For the long run I don't think it's the right thing.

Then what would be "the right thing" to do, and why isn't it possible right now?

Not that I'm aware of. But try to be consistent with the HIG and the rest of the Epiphany UI and you'll be fine :-)

I'll try my best :-)

I just had an idea; maybe you don't even need to write an UI. One exists already: http://www.nongnu.org/gnomolicious/. Of course, since this is not an official GNOME applet, we can't depend on it, but it might be possible to make it so that Gnomolicious/Epilicious configuration is identical from the user's point of view. The prefs could be stored in the same place, so that it will Just Work.

Not a bad idea. How do I go about it?

The proper way would probably be to create a patch against epiphany-extensions and ask on irc for a code review. If you have a GNOME cvs account and it's accepted, you can commit it yourself, otherwise you ask one of the maintainers to do it for you.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778