Re: Address bar searches (was: epiphany-list gnome org)

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 16:18 -0500, marduk wrote:
> Agreed.  This is the single most annoying change in epiphany.  I have
> relied on and have become so accustomed to the previous behavior that
> it's almost as if I'm using a completely different browser now.  I'm
> tempted to downgrade.  There should at least be an option to go back to
> the old behavior as this was one of the big things that separated
> epiphany from the competition.

Me too.

I'm not tracking the development version very closely, but I'm inclined
to freeze to the current stable indefinitely given these news. I realize
I could change the default, but this functionality has always been one
of the key reasons why I've preferred Epiphany. It makes searching (the
number one method of accessing things on the internet, according to a
number of studies I've read but can not currently refer to) *easy* -
being easy to use was Epiphany's motivation for existence, was it not?

Honestly, the privacy issue in this case seems trivial, and I'm usually
not one to take privacy issues lightly.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa iki fi>    http://www.fishpool.org