Re: Address bar searches (was: epiphany-list gnome org)

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 22:59 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> You make a very good point, but I'm worried by the sentiment noted in
> #314974, that we're about to release a browser with a regression from
> many users' POV without making up for it. There is a default 'Search the
> web' smart bookmark (also going to Google, isn't that corporate
> favouritism?) but it's a far cry from the "just type it and go" approach
> that has made Epiphany popular by quite a number of people, considering
> the amount of feedback generated by this change.

Agreed.  This is the single most annoying change in epiphany.  I have
relied on and have become so accustomed to the previous behavior that
it's almost as if I'm using a completely different browser now.  I'm
tempted to downgrade.  There should at least be an option to go back to
the old behavior as this was one of the big things that separated
epiphany from the competition.