Re: Proposal for bookmarks/history database

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Peter Harvey wrote:

Database layout (warning: I am not a database person).

*snip*

I too have only very basic knowledge of database design, but I'd like to know if in the future we want to store extra metadata with bookmarks, would that be easy to do with the current design?

 string bicon    # NULL if should default to icon

What do you mean by the comment? It seems something is missing after 'if' :)

enum {
EPHY_DB_PAGE_URL,
EPHY_DB_PAGE_TITLE,
EPHY_DB_PAGE_ICON,
EPHY_DB_PAGE_BTITLE,
EPHY_DB_PAGE_BICON,
EPHY_DB_PAGE_VISIT,
EPHY_DB_SITE_NAME,
EPHY_DB_TOPIC_TITLE
);

Does this allow >1 topic title?

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778