Re: Proposal for bookmarks/history database

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 01:07 +0100, Raphael Slinckx wrote:
> Slighly related, if the database backend is going to be rewritten
> anyway, maybe it's time for it to become remotely queryable/modifiable
> through dbus, so for example deskbar could query directly ephy for
> history and bookmarks (and other amusing things, like having a bookmark
> synchronizer/history replicator via avahi, and whatnot)
>
> A little ephy-data-server, one could say.. I don't know if it's a great
> idea..

That is also something that I'd like to see. Taking it further I would
like Epiphany to launch and provide bookmarks/history/http handling via
dbus. Basically just 'epiphany without any windows open yet'.

Epiphany has the HTTP engine and cookies, etc at it's fingertips. Why
shouldn't we provide those services to other apps?