Re: Getting "Open" instead of "Download" for a Mime-type

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 18:09 +0200, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:27:46 -0500, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:
> >
> > As you were guessing, Epiphany follows your GNOME preferences to decide
> > whether to open files.
>
> That's interesting piece of news.  Which GNOME preference is that
> exactly?  It's just that last time I checked there was no common way
> (in gnome-vfs) to determine automatically whether certain MIME types
> should be opened, saved or should the user be asked.

Well, if you don't have program to open the file, then it'll ask to
save ;).

I'll rephrase: "Epiphany follows your GNOME preferences to decide which
program will open each downloaded file."

(And hell, I could be wrong. I'm not basing this off any knowledge of
the source code, I'm just giving what I feel is the expected behavior. I
feel I'd have noticed if Epiphany didn't behave as I expected.)

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>