Re: Epiphany 1.6.0

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 01:39 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Christian Persch wrote:
>
> > Epiphany 1.6.0 is the first release in the stable series for GNOME 2.10.
>
> Congratulations to all contributors!

seems Mozilla Suite gonna die, so I downloaded Epiphany today (Firefox
is not stable enough for me).
well... what to say? do Edit->Toolbar and watch the crash.
middle click doesn't close tags even if I did "about:config" thing.
when I open many tabs it's hide on left and rights sides, people it's
against usability, you should resize tabs to fit browser instead of show
arrows.
when I open new tab, location bar doesn't get focused.
why you open homepage every time I open tab? it's slow down the browser,
people who wants to visit homepage will click "home" icon on toolbar.
why I find back/forward/reload in right click menu, toolbar and under
"go" menu?
you should work on right click menu too, it must include only
"menu_items" that related to document I browse and not to the browser,
for example, "back/forward/reload" is related to browser functions but
"views source code", "select all" and "text encoding" is related to
document and should be in right click.
"text encoding" top head menu must have "characters encoding" that
Epiphany detected of current document then most used five "characters
encoding", the "Other" should be sub menu include all "characters
encoding" splitted the same way Mozilla Suite do, it's easier!
if possible, replace dialog that say "cannot find page" with nice html
page, include tips and suggests like "make sure your address is correct"
and some inputs to search google.
a question to developers, when you change something in Epiphany source
code, how to do you test it? I don't think you do "./configure && make
&& make install" every time you change something.
Congratulations and thanks for Epiphany