Re: Minor irritation : no icon under FC4

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:25:54 -0400, I Beartooth wrote:

>  	Answering my own question : Turns out it's
> /usr/share/mozilla-icon.png.
>
>  	Stay tuned. Now I *am* going to log out and back in, if only
> to be sure the BRL stays put -- and then try for the proper epiphany
> image again with the searcher against filesystems; any idea what
> *it's* name is when it's home?

Poking about some more, I've found two things. epiphany.png is available
from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/epiphany/ -- I have a copy,
waiting to be told where to save it.

Second, and complicating the first: FC4 has at least five files with
launcher icons :

/usr/share/icons/*
/usr/share/images/*
/usr/share/emoticons/* (which has other things, too)
/usr/share/epiphany/art (where epiphany.png oughtta be, no? It wouldn't
let me: "you do not have permission ..." -- so I copied it from my home
directory, where it did let me save it, from roots prompt to there.)
/usr/share/pixmaps/*

-- and various other folders have a few each, much like ~/epiphany/art.

I copied the saved image into both /usr/share/icons and
/usr/share/pixmaps, because I know the ones that show up when you
right-click on a browser icon may come at least from those.

Then I tried right-clicking on Properties for the current one I had
stopping the gap, and then on the icon. Sure enough, the array it showed
me now included epiphany.png. It let me highlight it, and put it in the
Properties box.

BUT when I closed that, I got an error box saying "Failed to load image
epiphany.png. Details: Icon not found." And sure enough, the browser
drawer is showing the orange question mark again -- even though, when I
open the Properties box by right-clicking on that, it shows *not* the
mark, but epiphany.png!

Aaarrrghghghghg.....

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;