Re: Image loading policy

Hi,

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2005 �5:10 +0400, Dmitry M. Shatrov a �it :
> Let me ask if there is an option to disable image loading in the current
> development version of epiphany.
>
> If there is not, will the patch that does this be accepted if I write
> it? (not as an extension, but as a single checkbox in preferences in the
> main branch)? What do you as the developers think about this setting?
>
> P.S.
> I understand that people with broad and cheap Internet don't bother at
> all about image loading, but I also understand that the developers care
> about spreading epiphany over the world. And imagine that absence of a
> single simple option makes epiphany a non-browser at all for me and my
> neighbors - it simply doesn't work with our home internet channels.
> Personally I like epiphany a lot for its well-formed simplicity, but I
> wonder how do you consider image policy control unnecessary. It is a
> matter of a single checkbox and a lot of users (I'm not speaking about
> only myself saying "a lot", seriously).

Just FYI, I have developed an extension implementing this. However,
there are a few drawbacks that I haven't yet found a way to overcome:
- images that are set as CSS backgrounds are loaded regardless
- after you load the images in a page, go to another one and go back,
they've disappeared again

Regards,
	Christian