Re: Trying to compile extensions

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 21:25 -0800, mark_taber wrote:
> I would really, really, really like to have mouse gestures.  However,
> I cannot successfully compile the extensions (I'm on FC3), apparently
> due to this statement: "For the moment, you have to ./configure with
> --prefix=same prefix as you configured epiphany with."  Epiphany came
> with FC3, so I have no idea what is being talked about here.  Where
> would I find this information?  Or am I out of luck until Fedora
> decides to ship the extensions?
>
> Obviously, I'm a newbie.  Here's the error message I get with
> configure:
> epiphany-1.4 >= 1.4.5.90... Package epiphany-1.4 was not found in the
> pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `epiphany-1.4.pc'
> No package 'epiphany-1.4' found
>
> Of course, my epiphany is found at /usr/bin/epiphany

You need to install the epiphany-devel package to compile
epiphany-extensions. And apparently you'll have to compile
epiphany-extensions with --prefix=/usr. That's totally evil and could
confuse RPM in the future. Sucky. (At the very least, remember to "make
uninstall" from the epiphany-extensions source code directory before you
install whatever epiphany-extensions RPMs you may find in the future.)

I'm somewhat surprised FC3 doesn't come with an epiphany-extensions
package. All the other distros are doing it....

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>