Trying to compile extensions

I would really, really, really like to have mouse gestures.  However, I cannot successfully compile the extensions (I'm on FC3), apparently due to this statement: "For the moment, you have to ./configure with --prefix=same prefix as you configured epiphany with."  Epiphany came with FC3, so I have no idea what is being talked about here.  Where would I find this information?  Or am I out of luck until Fedora decides to ship the extensions?

Obviously, I'm a newbie.  Here's the error message I get with configure:
epiphany-1.4 >= 1.4.5.90... Package epiphany-1.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `epiphany-1.4.pc'
No package 'epiphany-1.4' found

Of course, my epiphany is found at /usr/bin/epiphany

Thanks in advance,
Mark Taber