Re: Epiphany homepage

Hi,

On Jo, 2005-02-10 at 15:24 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Victor Osadci wrote:
>
> > Adam sent a nice fix to be used with .htaccess - see the bottom of the
> > page:
> > http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/03/19/dive-into-xml.html

Interesting, it doesn't seem to do work for me either. It does nothing
at all as far as I can see. Adam, did you get that thing working?

> Hmm, I tried that, and epiphany started showing the xhtml as plain text
> again. Perhaps it's our old apache server (1.3.x) at fault.

Does it go away when you remove those rules from .htaccess? I had a
broken Apache send random files at random times as text/plain.

> > That would great!
> > Are you sure you want to use PHP? As I understand it's a security
> > nightmare...
>
> I wasn't planning on connecting to a database, just using the gettext
> functionality to create .po files just like for the rest of epiphany.
> If you know a different way to do that, please tell me :).

Yep, gettextis is what I was thinking of too! This seems like a very
good way of doing it. Would you mind sharing when you have something?
I'd love to see it!

Also, were you going to generate the pages once and use that, or serve
dynamic pages?

Thanks,
Victor

--