Re: Reading Forums

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 11:12 -0500, Adam Hooper wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 11:13 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > Um, doesn't Epiphany *already* cache every HTML page visited along with
> > all images?
> >
> > If we don't then what in the hell does
> > Edit->Preferences->Privacy->Temporary files do?
>
> As far as I know (and I could be wrong) Mozilla takes care of that and
> we don't actually have any idea what it's doing in Epiphany proper :).
>
> I'd guess that Mozilla doesn't cache pages when the headers specify not
> to cache them. Any properly-coded "results" page would have those
> headers.

Hmm, Epiphany's use of the disk cache seems to be completely broken.

I have had Temporary Files set to 250MB, for months but:

$ du .gnome2/epiphany/mozilla/epiphany/Cache
2672    .gnome2/epiphany/mozilla/epiphany/Cache

2.6MB?  WTF?!?

This would certainly explain why I get such high hit rates with my local
Squid cache... Gack!

Lee