Re: Reading Forums

On 12/28/05, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:
> > Am I correct in the assumption that the use case mainly is accidental
> > navigations?
>
> For me, it's far more often accidental window-closings. There's no
> usable way to "undo" those. (With accidental navigations, the "back"
> button brings back my text anyway.)

No it does not always do that. There's plenty of sites out there (no I
don't keep a list) where a "back" does not get you your text back. I
don't recall exactly why but I think it has something to do with
caches and dynamic pages, possibly with redirects and whatnot. It's
the same in most browsers, so it's not an Epiphany issue specifically.

I actually thought that another browser, apart from Opera (which I
don't like and don't use) had understood this, and that's why this was
brought up. But it was closing of the whole *application*, something
which I'm very fine with having a warning at - if I have unsaved
changes. Not when I browse around though, that's more on par with say,
replacing or adding a paragraph maybe? Something that is usually
possible to undo.

If we are talking about tabs, I'm again more for the "undo" idea, just
like an excellent extension to Fx had, because there might be other
things apart from form history one loses, form results comes to mind,
and browser history might not be able to help there.

As a side note, if last *result* pages where cached, it's be
completely possible to reshow a last place visited (= undo) when
starting the browser again. Especially since we aren't redoing any
requests or anything, just redisplaying the same HTML.

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén
✉ kristoffer lunden gmail com