Re: Remember Window Position

Hi Esben,

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Esben Stien wrote:

Please, someone speak up. This is non-sense and it directly conflicts
with the gnome philosophy;).

How exactly does it conflict with the GNOME philosophy?

If I want that kind of feature then I choose a WM that has it

The wm should not hold such a database of each application. Imagine
you change window manager. State information is something the
application keep and is a common practice in most applications.

I must confess that I never really noticed this problem. It is debatable if 'window position' is part of an applications' state. Is this desirable? Window size is retained between sessions, that's for certain.

In any event, changing window managers is not something GNOME can worry about. If you choose not to use metacity then you're treading on unsupported territory. If the problem happens with metacity, I'm sorry but I doubt that we can solve this.

Hmm, it does make me wonder how spatial nautilus manages it...

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen