Proposed post to desktop-devel-list

Hello all,

Please review the attached message which I would like to post to desktop-devel-list. I would like the message to reflect the opinion of the whole epiphany team.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

    == Geen softwarepatenten in Europa! == www.NoSoftwarePatents.com ==
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Murray Cumming wrote:

> gwget:
>  No, this functionality belongs in epiphany.

On behalf of the epiphany team, I'd like to state that:

a) We agree that some functionality is still missing in the downloader.
This includes among others the ability to resume downloads between
sessions and handling downloading from external apps without launching
the browser.

b) Some advanced functionality offered by gwget is clearly out of the
scope of epiphany core. Gwget is however already offering an epiphany
extension for those who want to have it available.

The currently open download bugs can be viewed here:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B262230E9

We encourage a discussion about which functionality the community would
like to see in epiphany for the 1.6 release which will coincide with
GNOME 2.10.

regards,