Feature suggestion: integrate bookmark creation and editing

(I don't see this anywhere in the archives.)

Why not integrate the make bookmark and edit bookmark?
I frequently forget what I've bookmarked.  Moreover I often change my
mind about classification of existing bookmarks.

Assuming I'm not alone..

These twin needs suggest it would make sense that make-bookmark not say "you already have this bookmarked", but rather, "here is the existing bookmark entry for this item". In which case I can immediately edit the existing entry. Currently, I must okay the message then search through bookmarks manually. Not a huge burden, agreed, but arguably if make-bookmark and edit-bookmark are unifiable then that's less implementation work.

Ian