Re: Three Suggestions for Plugins

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:06:26 +0200, Nikolai Weibull
<epiphany-list pcppopper org> wrote:
> 3.  (Probably the most controversial and perhaps silliest)  A plugin
>     that removes keybindings/menu items that block good keybindings,
>     such as Ctrl+F for Find and Ctrl+B that block Vi like bindings in
>     Mozilla for scrolling by pages.  This is of course of very limited
>     use, but if someone has any suggestions on how this would be
>     implemented, please do tell me and I'll do it myself.  Can it even
>     be done?  I realize this totally breaks the HIG and so on, but I
>     would really appreciate this functionality.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying here, but you can
already modify the keybindings for all menu items in Epiphany.

Set the gconf key ``/desktop/gnome/interface/can_change_accels'' to
true.  Then click the Edit menu and position your pointer over
``Find...''  Press Backspace to clear the binding or press another key
combination to change the binding.

(One caveat: In Epiphany 1.3.4 I can set keybindings for entries in
the Bookmarks menu, but they don't have any effect. In earlier
versions of Epiphany, attempting to set a keybinding for a bookmark
would cause a crash.)

>         nikolai
>
> --
> ::: name: Nikolai Weibull    :: aliases: pcp / lone-star / aka :::
> ::: born: Chicago, IL USA    :: loc atm: Gothenburg, Sweden    :::
> ::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::
> main(){printf(&linux["\021%six\012\0"],(linux)["have"]+"fun"-97);}

Sam