Re: [Evolution-hackers] GNOME Certificate Database Library proposal

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 14:21, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> This sounds interesting. Have you thought about splitting out the lower
> level bits,
> and proposing that for inclusion in freedesktop.org? It seems like a
> common cert
> management back-end would make sense for multiple desktops.
>
> -- dobey

I'm adding some lines to the document (uploading in a few hours),
basically the changes are related to the interface to use for the
plugins (LDAP, directory, $HOME files, ...). If the interface to use for
those plugins is PKCS#11 this idea can be shared between any desktop
platform, because it will be based on a C based standard, and that will
not force the use of GObject or QT for the common back-end