Re: [Epiphany] 1.2 Plan (kiosk mode)

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 14:11, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  But if the user can start gconf-editor and
>  modify some key and be done with it, it's useless.  How are these
>  system wide settings enforced with gconf?  Point me to the relevant
>  docs if it's already documented.

There are 3 levels of gconf settings
1 - System defaults
2 - User settings
3 - System mandatory settings

That is the order that they are initialised in.

So if the user changes the kiosk mode setting to FALSE it won't matter
because the mandatory setting always overrides the user setting.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"