[Epiphany] Re: Recommendations

* Marcelo E. Magallon <marcelo.magallon@bigfoot.com> [Sep, 16 2003 15:30]:
[discussion of the statusbar grip]
>  That's the window manager's realm, and it's
>  *extremely* confusing for users to have multiple interfaces for the
>  same basic task, particularly if this interfaces change from
>  application to application.
yes, i agree.  this is, however, part of the standard statusbar it
seems.  and most toolkits have it this way it seems.  i remember when i
was writing code for windows, i would have a lot of trouble with it
because i was overriding the display of the statusbar and the grip was
messing up my design (you couldn't remove it), so this may be the reason
i dislike it.  but anyhow, doesn't mozilla put the lock icon on the
left?  and i think, from an aesthetic view, that allowing the statusbar
text field to extend to the far right is nicer.
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,php,war3  :::