Re: [Epiphany] Re: Tabs options

> That's nice on paper, but truth is that a web browser is an exeption in
> terms of interaction, not the rule.  The inherent high latency makes
> users gravitate naturally towards having multiple web browser windows
> open at the same time, which isn't the case for a word processor or a
> spreadsheet.  In the later cases the reason why the user opens multiple
> documents is that he needs to transfer information from one to the
> other, not because he wants to "work" on multiple documents at the same
> time.
>
> There *are* window managers where this "tabbed windows" concept just
> doesn't fit in, but because of the reason I mention above the user
> still wants to have a tabbed web browser.

I tend to consider web browsing a bit of a special case too, both for latency
and links. That doesnt mean I have a strong opinion about tabs in the wm
(I dont actually have a definite opinion) but just that there are stronger
reasons to have a tabs in a web browser and so I'm not sure if they would
be as useful for other apps ...

Marco