Re: [Epiphany] Mandrake RPMS

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Chip Cuccio wrote:

> I noticed that on your download page, you link to the Mandrake Club
> for your Mandrake RPMs (a non-free service).

> I am a fairly well-known Mandrake RPM packager and make *free* RPMs
> available to the public (unlike mandrake club), including the latest

FWIW. All "Club" RPMs that change from "testing" status to "done" are
mirrored on every Mandrake FTP mirror and are free for anyone to download.
The only Club RPMs that aren't free, are those with non-free licenses.

The main reason MandrakeClub is mentioned on the download page is, that at
the time, the only way to get Ephy working on Mandrake 9.1 was to download
the "testing" packages of Mozilla 1.4 and rebuild the (also free
downloadable) Epiphany source RPM from Cooker against it.

I don't want to disparage your work, but I'm quite involved in the mdk
community and, having not seen your name before, I wonder why you felt it
necessary to add that you are a "fairly well known" packager? Perhaps
it's just me...

kind regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: lost / kwijt! :-(