Re: [Epiphany] epiphany toolbar/bookmarks

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 06:11:23PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

 > >  Wish: an easy way to see "related" bookmarks.  I have a bookmark
 > >  B0 with topics T0, T1 and T2 (all of them are very orthogonal).
 > >  I'm looking at T0.  In order to find out that B0 is in T1, too, I
 > >  have to look at its properties and scroll thru the list of topics
 > >  until I notice that T1 is also checked.  Now I have to search for
 > >  T1 in the topics list and select it in order to see which other
 > >  bookmarks are related to B0.
 >
 > Can you explain in which context a faster way to see which topics a
 > bookmark is related to, is useful ?

 Hmm... I can't think of a good generic example right now.  I know I've
 wished for the feature a couple of times.  If I stumble across the
 situation again I'll write it down.

 > Apparently some people with large collections are switching to
 > epiphany exactly for this reason, so I think it already works better
 > than hierarchy for big collections.

 I'm switching to Epiphany mostly because for the smartbookmarks
 feature.  I have 8 of them right now (two more than in Galeon
 actually).  The reason is simple: they don't take any realstate on the
 screen (contrary to Galeon's) and are easier to use (type something,
 tap down arrow a couple of times).  TBH, I'm still not _that_ trilled
 about Epiphany's bookmark system.

 > "The epiphany system currently  is really simple here, it provides
 > searching by topic, name and address. Ideally this needs to be
 > expanded to allow searching based on more verbose search phrases such
 > as "All bookmarks from the last two weeks" or "All sites I visited
 > over a month ago" etc. Just examples though. This is a very difficult
 > problem and really extends more generally to the filesystem as well."

 Personally I'd find "the sites that have changed since the last time I
 visited them" more useful, but yeah, I can see what he means.

 Oh, yeah... an "Open this topic in tabs" feature would be nice.  I know
 I can select the topic, select all the bookmarks and then select open
 in tabs, but when you do it daily it becomes bothersome.

 Marcelo