Re: [Epiphany] Re: ui improvement requests

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 12:12:50AM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> I think there should still be a way to type an url directly, without having
> to delete/select the location text. Guess that's what you have to do most often ?
> If we select the url, someone will complain because we break x selection, so
> I dunno :/

The way I usually do it with unix-style is select, Ctrl+a Ctrl+k to clear the
entry, then middle click.

With windows-style it is select, Ctrl+c to copy, Ctrl+v to paste.

The mixed style with no Ctrl+k and no select target on focus is
select, Ctrl+c, Ctrl+a to select all, Ctrl+v.

So the pure windows way is the least number of "clicks", but has the
disadvantage that some old X apps don't have Ctrl+c.

Havoc