Re: [Epiphany] Re: ui improvement requests

>From: Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng@tin.it>
>To: Steve Salazar <eagsalazar@hotmail.com>
>CC: epiphany@mozdev.org
>Subject: Re: [Epiphany] Re: ui improvement requests
>Date: 22 May 2003 00:12:50 +0200
>

> > 4) Unrelated to your previous comments but something that has come up
>now
> > that I've been using epiphany for a few days:  When opening a new tab or
> > window, the address of the newly opened tab should be displayed.  Right
>now
> > when I start epiphany, my home page is loaded but the address bar is not
> > filled in with the address of my home page.  This is also true when I do
> > ctrl-t to get a new tab and I have tabs set up to display the previous
>page
> > in the new tab.  Also, if someone has selected that option, then the new
>tab
> > should have the history of the tab it was copied from.  I think this was
>in
> > an old version of galeon.
>
>I think there should still be a way to type an url directly, without having
>to delete/select the location text. Guess that's what you have to do most
>often ?
>If we select the url, someone will complain because we break x selection,
>so
>I dunno :/
>
>Marco

Are you talking about highlighting the address on opening the new
tab/window?  so you can just type over it right away?  That seems like a
good idea.  As for breaking X selection, it seems like you need to choose a
metaphor.  X selection an ctrl-c ctrl-v are never going to be entirely
compatible.  Besides, if someone really wants to not break their x selection
option then they can just change their open new setting so that a blank page
is opened.  Also, people should be able to do ctrl-o to get an open dialog
that can be used to open any vfs resource.  I don't know if that really
works (nope I just tried it) but it should.  That would break the x
selection on new page anyway because you need to focus the address for
people who do want just type over it or use ctrl-v.