[Epiphany] Re: Guidlines and Skeletons for Epiphany Help Documentation

Pat Costello wrote:

> > <snip/>
> >
> > Thanks for the comments Pat I'm going to integrate them into the docs right
> > away. For the most part I'm trying to cut and paste as much documentation
> > from existing gnome docs as possible, so that I can avoid terminology and
> > consistency issues. One question I do have is about gfdl. Do i need to add
> > the original copyright owners of the documentation I've cut and pasted from
> > to the epiphany copyright holders?
> >

> Dave,
>
> When cutting-and-pasting from one GNOME document to another came up in the past,
> we settled on using an Acknowledgement section in the front matter as the best
> way to give due credit. Under the GFDL, you only need to add copyright credits
> for previous contributors to the document in question. Seeing as the Epiphany
> User Guide is a new document, then there can be no previous copyright holders
> for that document. Therefore, you are safe to give the appropriate credit in an
> Acknowledgement section. If the cut-and-pastes are neat enough, you should
> indicate in the Acknowledgements section, where you got the various items of
> information from.
>
> I vaguely remember talking with Irene about creating an Acknowledgements section
> for use in the standard templates, but I can't remember any more than that.
> Irene - if you are following this thread, does this ring a bell?

Yes, we did discuss this requirement but I didn't get around to adding
an Acknowledgements section to the templates yet. The section should
probably be included in the "About This Document" section of the guide,
after the "Authors" section.

-Irene