Re: [Epiphany] Re: Bookmarks localization

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 19:09, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 17:52, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > We have already a few default topics, they can definately be improved.
> > I think all the dmoz.org categories are a bit too much though ...
> > If someone would work on a list of topics (6, 7 ?), I'd certainly appreciate it.
>
> OK, I didn't see these defaults in my installation. Where are they set,
> in the source code? I can't find a default bookmarks.xml, at least.

For now we have a structure in ephy-bookmarks.c. It's not nice but it
was a fast temporary solution. Our bookmarks system doesnt make much
sense without some defaul topics, so I was in a hurry and did it that
way.

> Anyway, just for kicks, attached is a bookmarks file with the dmoz
> categories. I could easily create a localised version as well if the
> file format supports that (does it? how?).

I was thinking to make bookmarks importable from an rdf file. We need at
least to decide a "format" though, Edd did already some work on it ...
I fear we are going to have some problems localizing rdf though :/ I
dont think intltool support it.

> I'd like this to be considered just for the possibility of automatically
> categorising bookmarks with a reverse lookup to dmoz..

I think we should deal with that only when such a feature is
implemented.

> Plus, it's pretty
> difficult to come up with 6-7 topics that really work.

There are some topics in the list that I think we could drop or put in a
more general category. Anyway, I guess we should start to work on a list
and see what we come with ...
I think it would be a good idea to see what default folders have been
used in Safari, I guess Apple did some research on them (anyone got a
Mac ? ;)

Marco