Re: [Epiphany] Adding bookmarks

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 00:59, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> Josh Goebel wrote:
>
> >Ok, I like the new click the topics you would like but is there anyway
> >to put the textual box back as well... I often create new topics on the
> >fly and it's annoying to have to:
> >... [ bunch of steps removed ] ...
> We discussed this a bit on irc the other day. Based on this discussion i
> doubt the text entry will get added back. While somewhat cool, the
> keyword text entry interface proved to be to confusing for
> "non-technical users."[1] As per your complaints above, we do plan on
> implementing adding bookmarks to topics via drag and drop in the bme
That would have been nice. :-)  I thought of that, but of course that
feature isn't there yet.

> along with adding a "Not Categorized" topic (actual title has yet to be
Ah, something to save a bookmark in until I can go add the topics,
another good solution.

> [1] Issues that immediately come to mind,include:
>      1. mutiple word topics (would require a delimiter which is a
> totally foreign concept to "non-techy" users).
>      2. General preference for point and click interfaces as opposed to
> text based interfaces.
I understand #1... I was wrestling with how multiple word topics even
work when I found I could add them... :)

#2 I think it more of a console vs. GUI thing not necessarily _always_
extended to checkboxs vs. textual entry field, but I do understand that
with delimiters and such it would get too complicated for the average
Joe.

--
Josh Goebel <jgoebel@firesedge.org>