Re: [Epiphany] Some more input about bookmarks

---
>>1.  I think the ability to add a bookmark to more than one `topic', when
>>    you first create the bookmark, would be more confusing than useful.
>>
>I think it depends on the ui. I don't think of topics as folder, so i
>don't really think its all that confusing, but maybe real world testing

>is needed.

I guess we need to be able to choose between these two at some point later.
Without user testing I'm not convinced we can take a final decision ...

>Another option (perhaps even favorable) is to hide topics in
>the new bookmark dialog using a disclosure widget (remembering state).

I disagree here. We should encourage people to organize their bookmarks.
If multiple topics are confusing better to use something simpler that everyone
can use.

>I mean how many people actually go to the trouble to categorize their
>bookmarks anyway (for the longest time while using galeon i just had a

>long list of them).

Not many, and ihmo that's mainly because traditional bookmarks interface
 are hard to use.

> I'm not convinced
>
>that the ability to add topics is necessary from the new bookmark dialog
>
>or from the properties window (more of an organizational thing that can

>be done later if needed).

(I read your following mail). Where would you add topics from then ? File
menu ?
I'm unsure about this ...
It could work if are able to come with a default set of topics that many
people can use (like apple did). Otherwise requiring the user to go through
the editor and add topics would discourage to organize bookmarks.

>>5.  The bookmark list should have column headers for Name and Address.
>>    Not only would this mean I could search by URL fragment, as well as
>>    title, it would also make the two panes look less lopsided.
>>
>Don't really have a strong opinion here. Ideally it would be nice if one
>
>could navigate the web without using urls (something similar to google's
>
>do you feel lucky search). On the other hand, currently URLs are a
>necessary evil so maybe users will find them useful.

I sort of agree with the necessary evil thing. Maybe having the url in the
list would make easier to find bookmarks (I often remember part of the url
of what I'm looking for at least). With a simpler dialog layout it could
even look nice (see safari shots).
This is something easy to change and that need testing anyway, we will see
I guess.

>>7.  How does the search interact with the folder list? Does it make a
>>    new temporary pseudo-folder called `Search Results'? (It may be
>>    useful to provide the ability to save such a folder permanently.)
>>
>This would be possible in my design:
>
>1. file -> new topic
>2. Edit -> select all
>3. Drag and drop the bookmarks to the new topic
>

>>8.  Apart from the two-pane thing, the bookmarks editor should look and
>>    work pretty much the same as a folder in the file manager. For
>>    example, there should be a `File' menu containing New..., Open,
>>    Rename..., Info etc items. And removing a bookmark should send it
>>    Nautilus's Trash.
>>
>Agree about the menus obviously. The nautilus trash thing is tricky. I

>mean you could always create a .desktop file in the ~/.trash folder
>representing the bookmark, which could be dragged back into the bme
>(also trash handling could be moved out of nautilus and into vfs). But

>again this kind of interaction is way tricky right now from both
>implementation and ui perspectives.

Maybe you are convincing me about the menu thing.
It can provide:
- clean layout
- inline editing
- consistence with the file manager