Re: [Epiphany] Some more input about bookmarks

mpeseng@tin.it wrote:

>>Another option (perhaps even favorable) is to hide topics in
>>the new bookmark dialog using a disclosure widget (remembering state).
>>

>I disagree here. We should encourage people to organize their bookmarks.
>If multiple topics are confusing better to use something simpler that everyone
>can use.

Well I'm approaching it from a different perspective i guess. When I
create a bookmarks, I typically just create it (don't want to be
bothered with too much thinking) and than later (when i feel like
thinking) I add topics to the bookmark through the editor. Having a
default topic for bookmarks that have no topics (beside all) would be
helpful here though (even filed a bug about this).

>>I'm not convinced
>>
>>that the ability to add topics is necessary from the new bookmark dialog
>>
>>or from the properties window (more of an organizational thing that can
>>

>>be done later if needed).
>>

>(I read your following mail). Where would you add topics from then ? File
>menu ?
>I'm unsure about this ...
>It could work if are able to come with a default set of topics that many
>people can use (like apple did). Otherwise requiring the user to go through
>the editor and add topics would discourage to organize bookmarks.

I think we should come with a set of default topics (maybe even some
bookmarks). However this set should be sane and aimed towards everyday
users, not including developer heavy entries (like galeon used to/does).

>I sort of agree with the necessary evil thing. Maybe having the url in the
>list would make easier to find bookmarks (I often remember part of the url
>of what I'm looking for at least). With a simpler dialog layout it could
>even look nice (see safari shots).
>This is something easy to change and that need testing anyway, we will see
>I guess.

Yeah I waffle on it. I do buy the argument that users sometime remember
fragments of uri's, i just wish we didn't have to deal with them (uris),
cuz as Nils says "They're evil!!!"

>>>Maybe you are convincing me about the menu thing.
>>>It can provide:
>>>- clean layout
>>>- inline editing
>>>- consistence with the file manager