Re: [Epiphany] hyatt article

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> I'll just note that epiphany way is a modified version of the first model hyatt
> is discussing. We solved at least the problem of "You also get to read links
> from left to right instead of right to left".
>
> The problem on intuitiveness is still there though.
> In general I think epiphany way is less intuitive then hyatt model 2 but better
> once you get used to it. That's also how user seem to react to it.
> "Why it behave that way ? It doesnt seem very intuitive". First time.
> "Wow epiphany has the best tab handling". After a few days.
> So it's an hard choice.

Hyatt also mentions in his article that the target audience for tabbed browsing is power users, and i think we should keep this in mind when considering tab behavior. From my experience, at least, i find the ephy tab behavior easier to deal with than when stuck using mozilla. The only wish i have is that when a window is overflooded with tabs that gtk notebook would put the  left tab scroll on the left side of the window, but that might be considered not a bug i guess.

> I'm happy my preference for background opening is confirmed too

Yeah I prefer this too, makes opening a bunch of links a lot easier, and fwiw thats tab browsing's best use imo.

dave