[Epiphany] Re: "I feel lucky" preference on Address bar

Edd Dumbill writes:

> Seems to me that the problem is that Google's "lucky" search doesn't
> work right first time often enough for some people's tastes.  For me, a
> huge improvement would be if it just did a normal Google search, letting
> me decide how lucky I feel.
>
> I actually see little harm in maintaining this as a pref, and I even see
> constructive use cases beyond those discussed yet --  you could even say
> it was a feature that, say, corporate desktops could use: the default
> search being one for the company intranet.  Schools could use it
> similarly to go to a "safe" search, or one within the campus intranet.
>
> -- Edd

I think something like this may make sense once we start working on the
kiosk lock down mode issues. In that context maybe we should consider such a
pref. However given that epiphany's current ui goals are to create a usable
browser to desktop users [1], I don't think a pref should be added at this
time for the 1.0 release.

dave

[1] and in this category i think its more home desktop users.