Re: [Epiphany] Re: "I feel lucky" preference on Address bar

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 05:20, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> Edd Dumbill writes:
>
> > Seems to me that the problem is that Google's "lucky" search doesn't
> > work right first time often enough for some people's tastes.  For me, a
> > huge improvement would be if it just did a normal Google search, letting
> > me decide how lucky I feel.
> >
> > I actually see little harm in maintaining this as a pref, and I even see
> > constructive use cases beyond those discussed yet --  you could even say
> > it was a feature that, say, corporate desktops could use: the default
> > search being one for the company intranet.  Schools could use it
> > similarly to go to a "safe" search, or one within the campus intranet.
> >
> > -- Edd
>
> I think something like this may make sense once we start working on the
> kiosk lock down mode issues. In that context maybe we should consider such a
> pref. However given that epiphany's current ui goals are to create a usable
> browser to desktop users [1], I don't think a pref should be added at this
> time for the 1.0 release.

Maybe a possible solution would be to allow the user to set the default.
I cant think to a decent user interface for it though.
Ideally we would just persist the last used search, but having both Feel
lucky and normal search in the autocompletion could be bad ... (how
would you call Feel lucky ?).

Marco