Re: [Epiphany] eog-menu-api Branch

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 13:17, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> I just created such branch in cvs. I will use it to port menu/toolbar
> code from bonobo ui to the new egg menu api (that is planned to go in
> gtk 2.4).
> This will take some time because I plan also to rewrite the toolbar
> editor to make it easier to use and to allow bookmarks too.
> I'm still not 100% sure about the interface but I guess something
> similar to phoenix (and to mac ?) would work well.
> So you would be able to drag buttons from a sheet of icons and to
> reorder items with drag and drop too.
> Obviously I'm open to suggestions about it :)

I think that's a great interface for manipulating toolbars. One
semi-important thing here is to try and make the toolbar respond in
"realtime", so you don't just drag over the toolbar and have to drop in
some location, but the toolbar looks exactly how it would look if you
let go of the mouse at any given instant. This sort of feedback makes it
much easier to predict how the toolbar will look, and consequently helps
people use it faster.

One a side note, if its not a lot of extra work, a somewhat generic
framework that allows for this sort of editing would be very valuable to
a lot of applications.

-Seth

-Seth