Re: [Epiphany] Bookmarks window changes

<bordoley@msu.edu> writes:

> > objections making it read only myself (or a label). The reasons I had to
> > not make it editable at beginning was more or less these you are saying.
> > Someone argued it's sometimes necessary to change the url a bit, I'd
> > like to learn about these cases. (ccing the man)
> > It would be really cool if we could get a comment by some usability guru
> > about this :)
>
> I really fail to see the benefit of changing the address of a bookmark, since
> its a pointer to a location. Admittedly, some times links go stale, but isn't
> the prefered method of fixing a dead bookmark to delete it and create a new
> one pointing at the new location?
>
> Regardless of whether you should be able to edit the address as a matter of
> principle, the potential for loss of data is quite high and in the absence of
> undo, i'm very uncomfortable with allowing editting of addresses in the
> bookmark editor.

If we're removing the ability to "edit" where a bookmarks points to can
we rename the whole thing to "Bookmark Organizer", or "Manage Bookmarks"
(Like Mozilla does ...) since we're just organizing things, not editing
them?

Lee
--
+------------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------------