Re: Downloader UI Rationales

> Open Link Behavior
>  -----------------------------------------------------
> I guess there has been concern about single click a link, opens documents in
> their specific application. I'm not really sure what the concern here is as
> long as we are sufficiently sane about the implementation.

I think the concern here is that it can happen to click links by mistake
(for example because the site doesnt make clear that is a file to
download. It happened to me one time on goggle pdfs.)
That has several side effects, because the file can be too small to give
the user the opportunity to stop download: unwanted files on the
desktop, slow apps like oo started ...

Marco