RE: About the new download behaviour

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 05:56, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> - Click on a link with a mime type that epiphany cannot handle will
> download the file in the download folder (desktop by default) and open
> it.

  "and open it" worries me a bit... I'm not talking about security
issues as I'm sure everybody is aware of them and they are being
considered.
  My problem is for example with poorly packaged archives... imagine I
download a .tar file with a thousand files in it and no top directory on
my desktop... that wouldn't be fun... The Mac solves this by
automatocally extracting files in a subdirectory, so probably
cooperation with file-roller is needed (let's forget what happens if
people change archives manager for now...).

  Another thing that annoys me about the similar feature on the Mac is
that often I want to download the archive and store it somewhere, but
the system is extracting it and deleting the original file (which may
seem reasonable, to avoid wasting disk space).

  mic

--
Michele Campeotto

"Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the
 cost. Isn't that what makes a man?"
"Sure, that and a pair of testicles."