RE: About the new download behaviour

> Seth I'm ccing you too, if you have a bit of time to look at the issue I'd
> be grateful. This is what I wanted to talk about in irc ...

To make things more clear for people that did not try cvs head and to
clear up what is still not implemented, here is a summary of how the
whole thing is supposed to work once it's fully implemented:

- Click on a link with a mime type that epiphany cannot handle will
download the file in the download folder (desktop by default) and open
it.
- Automatically downloaded files (like those called by javascript) will
show a Download/Cancel dialog so that the user is given the opportunity
to cancel the action.
- Download link in the context menu download the file in the download
directory but does not open it. (I think we should consider the
possibility of calling the menu Save Link As and show a file picker for
this case).
- If the file has a not safe mime type, a script for example, a warning
will be showed to the user, actions Cancel/Download
- A Downloads status window is showed when starting a download. It's
possible to close it: in that case a notification icon will remain until
all downloads are completed.
- There will be a minimum number of seconds (5 ?) the download will
remain visible.

I hope to not have forgot some detail ...

Marco