Re: LibRaw instead of libopenraw... to finally fix RAW support after 10 years

Hi!

eog relies on gdk-pixbuf for image decoding and as such doesn't do anything special to load RAW images.
libopenraw has (as far as I know) been the only RAW library so far to ship its own plugin/loader for gdk-pixbuf.
By installing libopenraw's loader all applications using gdk-pixbuf (like eog, nautilus, ...) were able to open RAW images.
That's why it was usually recommended to install by some distros.

So, what is actually needed here is a LibRAW loader for gdk-pixbuf to replace libopenraw's.
No modifications to eog's code are necessary then. The added benefit would be that the thumbnails in nautilus would also be generated by it.

Regards,

Felix