LibRaw instead of libopenraw... to finally fix RAW support after 10 years

Nope this is not fixed. I am on Arch Linux with latest GNOME + EOG and while I can open CR2 files they are displayed with the wrong colors (everything is green/pink). Also switching to the next/previous picture with the arrow keys won't work.

EOG uses the old, dead and not-developed-anymore libopenraw.
Why not use the active developed LibRaw instead?

Libraw:
Supports more than 800 digital camera/cellphone formats
Supports pretty much every RAW format.
Very active development (and that already for a long time)
www.libraw.org

It's time that after 10 years this bug gets finally fixed. Especially in a time where CR2/RAW is a commong file format which pretty much every other image viewer supports out-of-the-box already.

Thanks in advance.