Re: A sad day for me

Hi IFo!

Sad to hear that, but eog did look quite a bit out of place with the
other "refurbished" GNOME apps around it. I am also pretty satisfied
with how most of the changes worked out.

Having both a classic and a "modern" UI in eog, would make maintaining
them quite a bit more work. Also, I am not sure if that is even
possible without cluttering up the code too much. Plugins would also
have to support both variants. So, that doesn't really look like a
viable option to me.

However, reading your complaint I am having the impression, that you
are mostly concerned about controlling your zoom without falling back
to using keyboard shortcuts. Or are there other functions from the
former menubar missing?

Regarding the zooming, I can partially relate to you as the zoom slider
is one of the pieces I am actually not too happy with myself. While it
looks pretty neat, at least in its current state it has a few
shortcomings I am looking to address:

- For example its range is not matching the whole zooming range eog
offers, as it would become very hard to use due to its linear scale.
- It's also hard to "see" the approximate zoom level sometimes due to
it having only one marker.
- As you're saying it's hard to select a specific zoom level, even
though it has a small stop at 100%.

To fix that I'd like to play with something similar to the zoom button
Evince is using. Maybe that would be sufficient to help you out too.
However, that's unlikely to happen before 3.20.

Maybe I can win you back once I manage to implement this part.
Otherwise I'd like to hear which functions you're missing besides that.

Regards,

Felix