Re: Eog port

Hi!

> Please, report them.

I did already, of course! And they also got fixed :-)

> Sigh. Again, that is *not* enough of a reason for a rewrite of a over
> 10-year old project.

I don't want to start a flame war here! Since I did not expect that
something like this would ever get accepted. But I still have to ask,
how old has a project to be that it warrants a rewrite? And why is eog
not still written in assembler, as the first image viewers surely where.
And no they did not warrant a rewrite just because this hipster language
"C" came around.

So no I don't think the age of a project has anything to do with the
question to rewrite something or not. The only important thing is if the
project benefits from it or not.

So if I finish the port and can prove that it is better maintainable as
the current codebase than you might want to accept it. But if the result
is an unstable mess then it is not only your right to not accept it but
your obligation!

So I guess I will just continue on my own and report back here when I am
closer to a full port. And if you start to think about a new design / ui
I am more then willing to give my input on how I think it could look.

Sincerely,
Fabian