Re: EoG - Exif Display Plugin options

To be precise, exact name of the plugin is Exif Display.

On 04/10/2011 12:11, Xavier Guillot wrote:
Hello,

I have a little question regarding View Exif plugin of Eye of Gnome.

First thanks to developers for this useful and easy-to-use program, which does very good what it is for, fast image viewing.

I know that your goal is to provide the user the best experience and that philosophy is to not offer too many configuration options - for example I read the discussions about possibility to let user choice behavior when scrolling mouse on an image, between zooming or going to previous / next image in the folder, and even if I would have preferred being able to choose, I understand your point of view.

So I'm aware that my question below will perhaps have the same reply. This is just about plugin View Exif :

- First, is there a way to make EoG remember presence of the lateral panel on the left of the window ? If I make it visible with menu "View", then close Eye of Gnome and restart it, panel is gone, I have to re-select it, on EoG 3.2 (it worked in a previous version 2.32 that I have on my laptop in Ubuntu Natty, it remains selected).

- How to make in this panel always the View Exif plugin the one visible ? If Map plugin is also activated in the preferences, it's this one which is automatically shown, I have to select View Exif in the menu, I'd like to have it by default.

- On the View Exif plugin, is it possible to add some fields that are also visible in the "Properties" window of the image :

General : Name - Width - Height - Type - Size
Metadata : Description - Location - Keywords - Author
Details : XMP Exif - XMP IPTC

I can remove the RVB histogram in the options but not add other descriptions...

Because of course I can let the properties window opened and navigate throw my folder with it, but it is not very nice, and is easier to have 1 lateral panel with all the informations I want, and not another window in front of the image.

Ex: http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1317722945.png

Is or will there a possibility to modify it, or options in dconf-tools for example, available for advanced users who really know what they want and do ?

Thanks in advance for your help. Best regards,

Xavier Guillot