Re: Real SVG support

Am Mittwoch, den 30.12.2009, 11:05 +0100 schrieb Nicosmos:
> Hello,

Hi!

> I really like EOG, except for its SVG support. It seems to make a
> bitmap export before and then to display this pixel version, while it
> would be really better for a vectorial format to display it directly,
> and allow zooming really in vectorial, without "pixelating".

Yes, this is correct. The problem is that several of eog's core
components are designed around displaying pixel images and thus would
need some special casing. Unfortunately, noone has found the time to do
it yet. Another problem: librsvg, GNOME's SVG parsing & rendering
library doesn't seem to receive fixes anymore.

Regards,

Felix

P.S: Sorry, for the late answer.