Re: EOG - Feature request: preload next photo in a directory

Hi there,
first of all thanks to everyone for the great work on this image viewer.

I am waiting for this feature for ages. Eye of Gnome would really gain
some snappiness by preloading the next picture(s).

Another thing I am still missing in EOG is the ability to change the
mouse-wheel behaviour. I am used to flipping through my album using
the mousewheel. For me this is a much more common task than zooming -
the mousewheels current binding. I proposed this in the EOG wiki
discussion some time and I remember that zooming is the intended
behaviour. Well, then I'd love to see CTRL+mousewheel bound to
next/previous and mousewheel to zooming, with an option provided to
switch the behaviour (so CTRL+mousewheel zooms and mousewheel switches
to next/previous picture).

With these two missing I am forced to use GQview. Well, you will
probably argue now 'fine, then use GQview'. But that's not the point.
I don't want to use it. I wan't to use EOG! Not that I'm a fanboy of
any kind but I don't want to install a second image viewer on all my
machines all the time if the default one is almost perfect.

Cheers,
Gigi